Top Causes of Basement Moisture and How to Fight It
Dealing with a wet basement is more than just a nuisance. It’s a health hazard due to mold and mildew growth and may cost thousands of dollars in water damage. As a homeowner, you never want moisture inside your basement. Many things lead to water. Luckily, there are ways to battle this issue. We offer the best basement waterproofing Staten Island has to offer.
What causes basement moisture?
- Improper Slope - The ground around the home should slope away from the foundation. When it slopes towards it, water accumulates around the foundation.
- Cracks - Cracks found in the floors, walls, or around the windows and doors of your home, make it possible for water to enter the house.
- Condensation - Basements are a naturally damp, wet place. The condensation leads to mold and mildew.
How can you fight it?
- Drainage - Issues with your drainage system are the most common cause of excess water. Our professionals will inspect your system and repair any damages. We’ll also add a drainage system if one is not in place.
- Interior - Sometimes, the issues come from inside the home. Sealants and coatings fix any cracks or holes.
- Exterior - Many times, it’s issues surrounding the home that lead to water in the basement. Various methods prevent water from ever making it to the house. Drainage systems and coating the foundation with a waterproof barrier are some ways to protect the exterior.
Basement Waterproofing Staten Island
If you’re done with dealing with a wet basement, call us today. We’ll go over any questions you have and provide you quotes on the basement waterproofing cost on Staten Island.